Software Poet by Birth, Venture Capital Investor by Profession and Entrepreneur at Heart. I love building things:
1. Entrepreneur: Aternity (>150 employees in Israel and Boston, de-facto standard for user experience monitoring. raised >$25M, exited 2016 to Riverbed), Face.com (massive face recognition, raised $5M, exited 2013 to Facebook).
2. Geek: Started Geekcon (http://www.geekcon.org), the #1 makers conference in Europe, with >1,000 participants over the last 10 years, building useless stuff over 3 days.
3. Accelerator: Created The Junction (http://thejunction.co.il), the first accelerator in Israel for early stage companies. It's since been voted the #1 startup program and was the birthplace for KitLocate (now Yandex Israel) and ClarityRay (now part of Yahoo)
4. Teacher: I am faculty at the IDC Zell program where the teams building PicScout (now GettyImages), Gifts Project (now eBay), Wibiya (now Conduit) and many great others came to be.
5. Investing: Started as an angel, became a partner at Genesis Partners and now partnered up with Michael Eisenberg to establish Aleph, a founders-first venture capital fund. Voted as 2014 #1 Investor in Israel by >50,000 community members.
Am on the boards of Joytunes, Windward, Meerkat and most recently Colu. Advisory board of Tmura. Board of trustees of Bankinter Innovation. Board of Directors of Israel Bitcoin Association.
Best way to quickly get my attention is to have one of the people I trust send your company deck to me. Some of these people are: Yaniv Golan, Roi Carthy, Yair Goldfinger, Gil Hirsch, Omer Perchik, Yariv Gilat, Yuval Tal, Nimrod Lehavi, Zvika Netter, Dror Berman.
"3 days of building useless stuff - the makings of the world's craziest makers conference" - Google I/O 2014
"Organized Chaos - Innovation through Frameworks" - Tel Aviv University
"The Future of Currencies" - Future Trends Forum, Madrid
No MBA bullshit