An energetic leader with an inclusive managerial style and 25 years of international experience leading projects, programs, engineering, operations, and technology-driven change in areas as diverse as new product development, manufacturing capability, operational effectiveness and the integration and deployment of complex systems. Sector experience includes:
Aerospace | Defence | Oil & Gas Exploration | Manufacturing | Transport | Mining | NFPs and Individuals
I see three recurring challenges to the successful delivery of innovation programs: complexity, risk and misalignment. As a key part of the executive team I assume the roles of challenger, champion and mentor to improve focus, reduce risk and drive execution. I bring a proven and adaptable framework, leadership horsepower and an objective, value-driven mind-set.
Specialities (blended or used alone, in part or in full):
- Innovation - translating insights into actions and impact
- Strategy - aligning strategic, project and operational plans
- Program & Project Management
- Systems Engineering and Design Management
- Product Development (incl. transition to manufacture)
- System Integration, Commissioning & Deployment
- Commercialisation Support
- Business Process Improvement
- Change Management
- Bid Support (project management, risk & systems engineering)
- Workshop Facilitation
- Mentoring (tailored for teams or individuals)
My expertise has been honed in highly dynamic, innovative and resource-constrained environments featuring novel designs, new technologies, rapid mobilisation, offshore operations and distributed, multidisciplinary, cross-functional teams.
I have successfully managed operations with more than 100 staff, led projects and programs with budgets exceeding $10M and delivered against operational P&L accountabilities of more than $25M. I also enjoy and have often contributed in advisory, mentoring or training capacities as well.